WHAT IS LED?
LED (light emitting diode) therapy sounds like a high – tech treatment – and that’s because it is! developed by NASA to assist with growing plants in outer space, it didn’t take long to discover that LED technology was also highly effective at increasing energy in human cells to accelerate wound healing and stimulate renewal of damaged cells and tissue.
The specific ‘OPERA’ LED Face Mask wavelengths emit non-visible infra-red light, visible red, blue and pink light that reach to cellular level within the skins layers to improve, heal and rejuvenate the skins look, tone and texture in a therapeutic and non-invasive manner. Studies have also shown that LED’s are said to inactivate certain enzymes inside the skin that damage collagen.
OPERA LED Light works amazingly on skin complaints such as oily skin, dry skin, blemishes, large pore size, fine wrinkles, pigmentation, age spots, and scarring.
The best LED face masks include at least 2 important wavelengths: red and blue and can be combined for the best results of all three light properties.
Red LED Light: 630nm + 830nm
- Ideal for reducing down-time after Botox or Dermal Fillers, Lasers, Micro-needling, Chemical Peels etc.
- Contributes to the improvement of sun damage.
- Reducing redness, blemishes, scarring, raised moles and white spots (milia)
- Fading freckles, age spots and pigmentation.
- Collagen + Elastin boosting, firming and toning.
Blue LED Light: 415nm + 830nm
- Promotes an anti-microbial effect
- Stabilizes sebum secreting glands which reduces over production of sebum.
- Promotes skin rejuvenation.
- Reduces redness.
- Calms inflammation.
Pink LED: 415nm + 630nm + 830nm
- Stimulates mitochondrial and ATP within the skins cells which creates and extends the life of anti-aging enzymes.
- Anti-inflammatory properties reduce swelling.
- This mode is comprised of cycles of red, blue and pink light to combine the best of all 3 LED properties within one mode.
LED LIGHT THERAPY FOR WRINKLES
Red Light Therapy can give a natural face-lift to decrease the visible signs of wrinkles to the face. Particularly when combined with infrared light, Red Light Therapy leads to increased plumping of the dermis and epidermis, reducing the depth and number of visible facial wrinkles.
LED FOR ACNE
Blue light is also visible to the naked eye and is proven to have anti-bacterial properties. These properties result in the destruction of bacteria (up to 80% of them to be exact) such as those causing acne. The blue light also helps purify the skin, stabilise oil secreting glands and calm inflammation.
The ‘OPERA’ LED Face Mask also has an optional galvanic function. The galvanic prongs sit on top of the skin’s surface and work by delivering a low-level current to the 3 layers of skin. This has a dual purpose, the current stimulates muscle tone, by emitting a positive and negative charge. Whilst simultaneously increasing blood supply to the skins surface; which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the skins cells and removes waste which helps to purify the skin.
THE LED TREATMENT
The treatment is simple. The OPERA mask needs to be on the face for approximately 20 – 30 minutes. It can also be combined with other treatments such as clinical peels and skin needling. Results are generally apparent after just one treatment.
No pain or discomfort, No down time, No negative side effects, No surgery, No thermal damage, No scarring or discolouration.
The benefits of the LED light therapy are;
- Speedy elimination and Prevention of acne breakouts
- Skin healing and reduction of inflammation
- Correcting skin tone by fading of freckles, skin spots & age spots
- Improve sun damage skin
- Wrinkle reduction
- Skin tightening
- Reduced appearance of scarring
- Improves the colour and texture of the skin
- Hydrates and revitalises skin encouraging smoother, softer skin
- Improves circulation
The perfect add on to any Facial or can be a stand-alone treatment.
Best results are achieved from 1 treatment every week for 4 to 6 weeks.
Afterwards a monthly/six weekly treatment is required for maintenance.
To make an appointment Click Here
Hypersensitivity to light or “photo Allergy”
Tendency toward photo-toxic reactions
Taking of photo-sensitizing or photo-toxic medication
Under physician’s care